Happy Black Friday! I hope all my U.S. friends had a great Thanksgiving and that you all are having a great weekend. Over at my place, we’re in full throttle Christmas prep. As I type, my husband and his buddy are out hanging lights, and I’m planning on starting to decorate trees this afternoon. You can expect to see a lot of Christmas posts on my Instagram feed in the next few weeks.
More about Color Play Friday:
Trina from In An Otter Life and I created Color Play Friday one day after a nice trip to the fabric store together.
Here are the rules:
- Each week, Trina or I will select a picture from our joint Pinterest board. These are all pictures that one of us has taken on our adventures.
- We each create a palette using colors from that picture
- We then create a bundle of 5-8 fabrics that is inspired by that palette. They don’t have to be an exact match to our palette, and we can throw in contrasting or accent colors, but the bundle should look inspired by the palette.
- We don’t see anyone else’s palette or bundle before we post on Friday.
- That’s it! It’s going to be so fun to see what we each come up with.
Trina picked a perfect photo for this week, as we’re starting to get some pretty frosty weather here in our little town.
Here are the fabrics I chose:
Lizzy House, Natural History, Hall of Gems in Green
Dear Stella, Confetti Dots, Confetti Dot in Blue
Jeni Baker, Dreamin’ Vintage, Tonal Melody in Fresh
Pat Sloan, Eat Your Veggies, Dots in Blueberry
Karen Lewis, Blueberry Park, Kite Tails in Titanium
Alison Glass, Sun Prints 2014, x and + in Midnight
A note about scale:
- While I believe scale is a very important part of fabric selection, the fabrics shown in my Color Play images are not always perfectly to scale. I do my best, by you should always double check scale before ordering!
Don’t forget to head over to In an Otter Life to see what Trina came up with and to Shimmy and More to see Steph’s bundle!
You can also head over to my Color Play Friday page to see my palettes and bundles from previous weeks.
Next week’s photo is one of Trina’s. I picked it because I felt like I needed some pink (I always need a little pink!)
Are you enjoying Color Play Friday? We’d love for you to get in on the fun and create your own Color Play post! You can create a bundle of fabric, select yarns or embroidery threads, or create a project inspired by our photo. Be sure to let Trina or I know so we can link up to you. You can get in contact with me via email, or by tagging me on Instagram.
I hope you can join us next week!
Happy Sewing, ~L