Hi, friends! I’ve been super busy this week with lots of PTA stuff, but I’m so happy to take a little time with you to play with some palettes and fabric!
More about Color Play Friday:
Trina from In An Otter Life and I created Color Play Friday one day after a nice trip to the fabric store together.
Here are the rules:
- Each week, Trina or I will select a picture from our joint Pinterest board. These are all pictures that one of us has taken on our adventures.
- We each create a palette using colors from that picture
- We then create a bundle of 5-8 fabrics that is inspired by that palette. They don’t have to be an exact match to our palette, and we can throw in contrasting or accent colors, but the bundle should look inspired by the palette.
- We don’t see anyone else’s palette or bundle before we post on Friday.
- That’s it! It’s going to be so fun to see what we each come up with.
I chose this photo of Trina’s because lately we’ve been choosing a lot of pictures with deeper, jeweled tones, and I thought I might want to change it up and play around with some of the pastels in this image.
Once I started picking colors out of this image, I realized they weren’t nearly as pastel as I had thought! But I did still manage to get some softer colors than I’ve had the last few weeks.
When choosing this bundle, I was thinking I wanted it kid themed and a bit dreamy, so the Tiger Lily print from Heater Ross was a perfect match. I promise that pink really is in the picture somewhere! (I think it might be where the light is reflecting off a red gummy bear).
Here are the fabrics I chose this week:
Heather Ross, Tiger Lily, Climbing Trees in Pink
Micheal Miller, Hashmark, Hashdot in Pistachio
Melody Miller, Picnic, Ant March in Citron
Joel Dewberry, True Colors, Herringbone in Yellow
Maureen Cracknell, Wild and Free, Fletching Chant
Amy Butler, Bright Heart, Cosmo Weave Papay
A note about scale:
- While I believe scale is a very important part of fabric selection, the fabrics shown in my Color Play images are not always perfectly to scale. I do my best, by you should always double check scale before ordering!
Don’t forget to head over to In an Otter Life to see what Trina came up with and to Shimmy and More to see Steph’s bundle!
You can also head over to my Color Play Friday page to see my palettes and bundles from previous weeks.
Here is next week’s photo:
Are you enjoying Color Play Friday? We’d love for you to get in on the fun and create your own Color Play post! You can create a bundle of fabric, select yarns or embroidery threads, or create a project inspired by our photo. Be sure to let Trina or I know so we can link up to you. You can get in contact with me via email, or by tagging me on Instagram.
I hope you can join us next week!
Happy Sewing, ~L