Here we are again: Color Play Friday! I have been working hard on all my projects this week. So hard, in fact, that I haven’t gotten a chance to update you here on the blog about what I’ve been doing. If you want to stay really up-to-date on what I’m doing, the best way is to follow me on Instagram.
More about Color Play Friday:
We play with color each week along with Trina from In an Otter Life.
Here are the rules:
- Each week, Trina or I will select a picture from our joint Pinterest board. These are all pictures that one of us has taken on our adventures.
- We each create a palette using colors from that picture
- We then create a bundle of 5-8 fabrics that is inspired by that palette. They don’t have to be an exact match to our palette, and we can throw in contrasting or accent colors, but the bundle should look inspired by the palette.
- We don’t see anyone else’s palette or bundle before we post on Friday.
- That’s it! It’s going to be so fun to see what we each come up with.
Would you like to play along? You’re welcome to join in the fun by using the #colorplayfriday hashtag on Instagram and Twitter. If you want us to link up to your blog, just shoot me or Trina and email.
This weeks photo is one of Trina’s. I chose it because I just couldn’t get over those amazing wine tones. The pink light in this photo speaks to me of that peaceful time right after sunset when the day is done. I imagine Trina lingered over this dinner, relaxing and enjoying the gorgeous view.
It was all about the cats this week!
Here are the fabrics I chose:
Lizzy House, Catnap, Kitty Dreams in Cranberry
Amy Ellis, Chic Neutrals, Bangle in Eggplant
Renee Nanneman, Fireworks, Red Circles
Art Gallery Fabrics, Round Elements in Apricot Yogurt
Lizzy House, Catnap, Purrfectly Happy in Cream
Makower UK, Cats, Dotty Stripe in Slate
Don’t forget to head over to In an Otter Life to see what Trina came up with and Shimmy and More to see Steph’s bundle!
Next weeks photo is one of mine.
I took this one a few Christmas Seasons ago. I was taking everything off my trees (yes, plural!) and sticking them in a cardboard box before packing them up for storage. I realized just how pretty they looked all together like that, and had to snap a quick shot of them!
I hope you can join us next week!
Happy Sewing, ~L
The kitty cat is so cute! I’m glad it was your starter piece. 🙂
I am so in love with the kitties. What a fun palette. We did have the same mind set!