Hi there! This week had been a productive one. Lots of sewing, and lots of planning for the future. This weekend I’m watching two little girls for my friends who are at a conference.So if you need me, I’ll be painting nails and watching princess movies for the next 48 hours!
More about Color Play Friday:
Trina from In An Otter Life and I created Color Play Friday one day after a nice trip to the fabric store together.
Here are the rules:
- Each week, Trina or I will select a picture from our joint Pinterest board. These are all pictures that one of us has taken on our adventures.
- We each create a palette using colors from that picture
- We then create a bundle of 5-8 fabrics that is inspired by that palette. They don’t have to be an exact match to our palette, and we can throw in contrasting or accent colors, but the bundle should look inspired by the palette.
- We don’t see anyone else’s palette or bundle before we post on Friday.
- That’s it! It’s going to be so fun to see what we each come up with.
Trina took this photo in New York while on a tour bus. I love all the taxis and the diagonal movement in the picture.
I am expecting a great-nephew this summer. So as soon as I started picking colors from this picture, I knew EXACTLY what I wanted to do. A super-fun, bright, little-boy bundle was what my heart needed this week!
In search of adorable fabric, I knew to go to the Riley Blake website first. Turns out, it’s the only place I needed to go this week. There is SO MUCH CUTE on their site, and it seems their ‘boy’ collections were made with this palette in mind.
Here are the fabrics I chose:
A note about scale:
- While I believe scale is a very important part of fabric selection, the fabrics shown in my Color Play images are not always perfectly to scale. I do my best, by you should always double check scale before ordering!
Don’t forget to head over to the other blogs and see what they came up with! The fun of Color Play Friday is seeing the differences and similarities between everyone’s bundles.
Participants this week:
Laurel and Pine (that’s me!)
You can also head over to my Color Play Friday page to see my palettes and bundles from previous weeks.
Here is the photo we’ll be using for next week. It can be found here.
Are you enjoying Color Play Friday? We’d love for you to get in on the fun and create your own Color Play post! You can create a bundle of fabric, select yarns or embroidery threads, or create a project inspired by our photo. Be sure to let Trina or I know so we can link up to you. You can get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope you can join us next week!
Happy Sewing, ~L