Hi quilty friends! Happy Friday- I hope your week was amazing.
More about Color Play Friday:
Trina from In An Otter Life and I created Color Play Friday one day after a nice trip to the fabric store together.
Here are the rules:
- Each week, Trina or I will select a picture from our joint Pinterest board. These are all pictures that one of us has taken on our adventures.
- We each create a palette using colors from that picture
- We then create a bundle of 5-8 fabrics that is inspired by that palette. They don’t have to be an exact match to our palette, and we can throw in contrasting or accent colors, but the bundle should look inspired by the palette.
- We don’t see anyone else’s palette or bundle before we post on Friday.
- That’s it! It’s going to be so fun to see what we each come up with.
This week’s photo was taken by Trina at the annual Tulip Festival held in Skagit County, Washington. It’s quite a sight to see!
This week was tough for me; there was just a little too much to work with. I ended up having to ignore all that gorgeous blue in the sky so that I could really focus on the parts that jumped out at me- the pathway, the tulips, and the mountains.
Here are the fabrics I ended up with:
A note about scale:
- While I believe scale is a very important part of fabric selection, the fabrics shown in my Color Play images are not always perfectly to scale. I do my best, by you should always double check scale before ordering!
Don’t forget to head over to the other blogs and see what they came up with! The fun of Color Play Friday is seeing the differences and similarities between everyone’s bundles.
Participants this week:
Laurel and Pine (that’s me!)
You can also head over to my Color Play Friday page to see my palettes and bundles from previous weeks.
Here is next week’s photo, titled Skywalker. It can be found here.
Are you enjoying Color Play Friday? We’d love for you to get in on the fun and create your own Color Play post! You can create a bundle of fabric, select yarns or embroidery threads, or create a project inspired by our photo. Be sure to let Trina or I know so we can link up to you. You can get in contact with me via email, or by tagging me on Instagram.
I hope you can join us!
Happy Sewing, ~L