It’s Friday, which means time for another Color Play post!
If you’re new here, Color Play is something I do each week with Trina from In An Otter Life.
Here are the rules:
- Each week, one of us will select a picture from our joint Pinterest board. These are all pictures that one of us has taken on our adventures.
- We each create a palette using colors from that picture
- We then create a bundle of 5-8 fabrics that is inspired by that palette. They don’t have to be an exact match to our palette, and we can throw in contrasting or accent colors, but the bundle should look inspired by the palette.
- We don’t see the other person’s palette or bundle before we both post on Friday.
- That’s it! It’s going to be so fun to see what we each come up with.
Today’s photo is from the Metropolitan Market in Seattle and comes to us courtesy of Trina.
I chose this photo because of all the wonderful fall colors in those bouquets. The days are getting chillier here and I wanted to celebrate that by playing with some reds, oranges and yellows.
This fabric bundle went in a completely different direction than I expected. Given the range of colors in the palette, I was worried that I would end up with something that looked like a Kindergarten classroom (lots of bright, primary colors).
But even though I chose vivid colors, they are all pretty light in value, making it look a little more mellow than the palette. Also, the grey background in the floral print really calms the whole bundle down. (And I have to point out that I didn’t completely ignore the dark, slate grey of my palette! See the little grey flowers in the far left print?)
Here are the fabrics in my bundle:
Amy Butler, Bright Heart, Oh Dear in Coral
Amanda Jean Nyberg, Good Neighbors, Peaks in Orangina
Amanda Jean Nyberg, Good Neighbors, Two Tone Stripe in Lemon
Don’t forget to stop by In An Otter Life and see Trina’s bundle!
Would you like to play along? You’re welcome to join in the fun by using the #colorplayfriday hashtag on Instagram and Twitter.
Yes! I would totally buy this bundle of money were no object. I love it, and I don’t think the grey needed excusing at all. It works perfectly. 🙂
I’m a sucker for yellows and oranges right now. My favorite pull from that color play. Love it!
LikeLiked by 1 person