This week has brought the normal craziness accompanied by kids being on summer break and having to keep a house ready for showings at all times. I’m REALLY looking forward to getting this place sold. I think I’ll leave dishes in the sink and laundry on the floor for a while just to celebrate!
Yesterday I finished a ‘pattern test’ quilt top for my next Quilt Theory pattern. My daughter loved the scrappy fabrics I used, so she will be getting the quilt when it’s done. It is now #9 in the list of the finished tops that need quilting. NINE! Needless to say, it’ll be a while.
Unfortunately, I can’t show you the quilt quite yet… gotta wait til fall! But for now, you can enjoy these scrappy sneak peeks.
And speaking of my new pattern, I’ll start cutting this week for the quilt that goes on the cover. I’m using these gorgeous Michael Miller fabrics and Aurifil threads, and can’t wait to see how it all comes together.
There will be hand quilting, friends.
But it’ll be amazing, so it’ll all be worth it!
I needed some quick finishes this week, so I decided to learn how to make a bow tie. My daughter loves them, but wanted some more feminine options to wear with a skirt and her button down shirts. She’s made a few of her own using this tutorial from Tie-a-Tie. I didn’t read the tutorial, but watched her to learn how.
I started with some fun Kaffe Fasset fabric to get the hang of the process. This isn’t totally her style, but I figured one of her guy friends would like the fabric, so it can go to him if she doesn’t want it.
I got two cut and ready to sew last night, and plan on cutting two more out of the florals shown. Hopefully I will get them sewn up before next week.
In the near future, I would love to get some nice Liberty of London florals to make ties with. They have such beautiful floral prints, and the sheen on them is perfect for bow ties. Heck, I might even get really brave and do some silk ones!
Happy Sewing, ~L