Hi guys; happy Friday! Let’s get right to it, shall we?
More about Color Play Friday:
Trina from In An Otter Life and I created Color Play Friday one day after a nice trip to the fabric store together.
Here are the rules:
- Each week, Trina or I will select a picture from our joint Pinterest board. These are all pictures that one of us has taken on our adventures.
- We each create a palette using colors from that picture
- We then create a bundle of 5-8 fabrics that is inspired by that palette. They don’t have to be an exact match to our palette, and we can throw in contrasting or accent colors, but the bundle should look inspired by the palette.
- We don’t see anyone else’s palette or bundle before we post on Friday.
- That’s it! It’s going to be so fun to see what we each come up with.
This week’s photo is one of Trina’s. I chose it because I really wanted to play with all those pinks and purples! They were my favorite colors when I was little, and all these years later, I still can’t get over the combination.
This week was a bit tough for me. Honestly, I really wasn’t feeling that orange at first, but I just couldn’t ignore it either!
I really love the light coral Bari J print, but it just wasn’t connecting with the other fabrics. Adding in the Tula Pink print really helped me soften the gap between the coral and all those purple fabrics. I chose bird-themed prints this week because we are looking at a picture of a beautiful sky… birds seemed appropriate!
Here are the fabrics I chose:
A note about scale:
- While I believe scale is a very important part of fabric selection, the fabrics shown in my Color Play images are not always perfectly to scale. I do my best, by you should always double check scale before ordering!
Don’t forget to head over to In an Otter Life to see what Trina came up with!
You can also head over to my Color Play Friday page to see my palettes and bundles from previous weeks.
Are you enjoying Color Play Friday? We’d love for you to get in on the fun and create your own Color Play post! You can create a bundle of fabric, select yarns or embroidery threads, or create a project inspired by our photo. Be sure to let Trina or I know so we can link up to you. You can get in contact with me via email, or by tagging me on Instagram.
I hope you can join us next week!
Happy Sewing, ~L