Welcome to the last Color Play Friday of 2015! Trina and I have doing this for a few months now, and it’s been more fun than I had even hoped. I’ve come up with some bundles of fabric that I never would have put together in a million years had it not been for this exercise. And having a post to write every week has made me keep at it even when life gets a little too busy.
Trina and I will be taking a break for the next two weeks to enjoy a little holiday time with our families. Please join us back here on New Year’s Day for our next Color Play Friday!
More about Color Play Friday:
Trina from In An Otter Life and I created Color Play Friday one day after a nice trip to the fabric store together.
Here are the rules:
- Each week, Trina or I will select a picture from our joint Pinterest board. These are all pictures that one of us has taken on our adventures.
- We each create a palette using colors from that picture
- We then create a bundle of 5-8 fabrics that is inspired by that palette. They don’t have to be an exact match to our palette, and we can throw in contrasting or accent colors, but the bundle should look inspired by the palette.
- We don’t see anyone else’s palette or bundle before we post on Friday.
- That’s it! It’s going to be so fun to see what we each come up with.
This week’s photo was taken at a shop called Kris Kringl in Leavenworth, WA. Leavenworth is an amazing tourist hot spot, and I’m glad Trina chose this picture for this week because I will actually be in Leavenworth tomorrow for the Christmas Lighting Ceremony!
Here are the fabrics I chose:
Bari J, Petals and Plume, Seeing Stars in Violet
Bari J, Millie Fleur, Ripples in Pink
Cotton and Steel Basics, Sprinkles in Summer Camp
Warner Brothers, Silly Snowman, Snowflakes in Royal Blue
Robert Kaufman, Metro Living, Metro Circles in Turquoise
Makower UK, Christmas 2015 Wonderland, Cars
A note about scale:
- While I believe scale is a very important part of fabric selection, the fabrics shown in my Color Play images are not always perfectly to scale. I do my best, by you should always double check scale before ordering!
Don’t forget to head over to In an Otter Life to see what Trina came up with and to Shimmy and More to see Steph’s bundle!
You can also head over to my Color Play Friday page to see my palettes and bundles from previous weeks.
Are you enjoying Color Play Friday? We’d love for you to get in on the fun and create your own Color Play post! You can create a bundle of fabric, select yarns or embroidery threads, or create a project inspired by our photo. Be sure to let Trina or I know so we can link up to you. You can get in contact with me via email, or by tagging me on Instagram.
I hope you can join us next week!
Happy Sewing, ~L