Happy Friday, everyone!
I’m so excited because today is the relaunch of our Color Play posts!
A couple of months ago, I had a chat with my real-life quilting buddy, Trina from In an Otter Life. She thought it’d be fun to play along, and together we thought of some ways to make Color Play better and even more fun. Here are our rules:
- Each week, one of us will select a picture from our joint Pinterest board. These are all pictures that one of us has taken in our adventures.
- We each create a palette using colors from that picture
- We then create a bundle of 5-8 fabrics that is inspired by that palette. They don’t have to be an exact match to our palette, and we can throw in contrasting or accent colors, but the bundle should look inspired by the palette.
- We don’t see the other person’s palette or bundle before we both post on Friday.
- That’s it! It’s going to be so fun to see what we each come up with.
Our first photo comes courtesy of Trina and was taken at a very popular hiking spot here in Washington. This river eventually makes it’s way down through our little town.
The thing about this picture that jumped out at me was the broad range of greens in the water and trees and the blue grey of the light reflecting on the water’s surface…. how gorgeous is that river?! Makes me want to hike up there just to wade in.
Here are links for all the fabrics in my bundle:
Don’t forget to head over to In an Otter Life to see what Trina came up with.